The World of Tel-Avi
Zikomo is a drug-addled fanatic and will fight to the death to defend his tribe.
Class (level): Boggard (CR 2) / Oracle (Dark Taptestry/Black Blooded) 5th
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Next Level: 34,000
Hit Points: (8d8+24) = 60
Cash: 0gp, 0sp
Languages: Boggard, Gael
AC: 15 (0 Dex, 3 natural, 2 armor, 0 shield)
CMD: 18 (19 vs. grapple)
Attack: +8 melee, +5 ranged
- BAB: +5
- CMB: +8 (11 to grapple)
- Dagger: +8 melee
- Damage: 1d4+2 damage, 19-20/x2 Crit
- Sticky Tounge: +8 touch (10-ft. reach)
- Damage: none (see below)
- Dagger: +8 melee
- Fort: +6
- Ref: +2
- Will: +7
- Cold Resistance 5
- Immune to Black Blood
- Healed by Negative Energy
- Harmed by Positive Energy
- Land Speed: 20-ft.
- Swim Speed: 30-ft.
- Climb Speed: 10-ft.
- Initiative: +0
Skill Points: 47
- All Simple Weapons
- Light Armor
- Medium Armor
Skills: -4 on all Dex-based checks
- Acrobatics (4 ranks): +0
- +16 when jumping
- Climb (1 rank): +14
- Craft [alchemy] (4 ranks): +9
- Diplomacy (4 ranks): +11
- Heal (4 ranks): +9
- Knowledge [nature] (2 ranks): +4
- Knowledge [arcana] (2 ranks): +7
- Knowledge [planes] (4 ranks): +9
- Knowledge [religion] (5 ranks): +10
- Linguistice (1 rank): +3
- Perception (4 ranks): +10
- Sense Motive (4 ranks): +9
- Stealth (4 ranks): +3
- +11 in Swamps
- Survival (4 ranks): +9
- Swim (0 ranks): +10
Class Skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Survival (Wis).
Icy End of the Earth
With the dire knowledge that the world shall end in ice, you do what you can to prevent such fate from befalling your allies. These acts come with a high price, as you find yourself closer to death than most.
Benefit: Once per day you may stabilize a fallen comrade by touching them. You can use this power on any creature who has negative hit points, or who has been dead for less than one full round. In order to use this ability, the creature you touch must have a complete body (thus it cannot be used on a decapitated creature, or the target of a disintegrate spell).
Once per encounter, you may summon a temporary zone of cold. This zone manifests in a 10-ft. radius around you, but is stationary. It lasts until you leave its area, fall unconscious, or die. Creatures in the zone cannot heal or gain temporary hit points. Any creature within the zone at the start of its turn (including you) takes cold damage equal to your level (8 cold damage). You cannot reduce the damage this does to you by any means, but other creatures’ resistances and immunities can protect them as normal.
Prerequisite: Revelation class feature.
Benefit: You gain one additional revelation. You must meet all of the prerequisites for this revelation.
Benefit: You gain +3 hit points. For every Hit Die you possess beyond 3, you gain an additional +1 hit point. If you have more than 3 Hit Dice, you gain +1 hit points whenever you gain a Hit Die (such as when you gain a level).
Prerequisite: Caster level 3rd.
Benefit: You can create a potion of any 3rd-level or lower spell that you know and that targets one or more creatures or objects. Brewing a potion takes 2 hours if its base price is 250 gp or less, otherwise brewing a potion takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. When you create a potion, you set the caster level, which must be sufficient to cast the spell in question and no higher than your own level. To brew a potion, you must use up raw materials costing one half this base price.
When you create a potion, you make any choices that you would normally make when casting the spell. Whoever drinks the potion is the target of the spell.
See magic item creation rules for more information.
Magical Knack [Magic Trait]
Benefit: Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn’t increase your caster level higher than your current Hit Dice.
Serpentine Squeeze [Religion Trait]
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on combat maneuver checks to grapple a foe, as well as a +1 trait bonus to your CMD whenever an opponent tries to grapple you.
- Medium: Boggards are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Low-light Vision
- Hold Breath (Ex): A boggard can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to four times its Constitution score before it risks drowning or suffocating.
- Sticky Tongue (Ex): A creature hit by a boggard’s tongue attack cannot move more than 10 feet away from the boggard and takes a –2 penalty to AC as long as the tongue is attached (this penalty does not stack if multiple tongues are attached). The tongue can be removed by making an opposed Strength check as a standard action or by dealing 2 points of slashing damage to the tongue (AC 11, damage does not deplete the boggard’s actual hit points). The boggard cannot move more than 10 feet away from the target, but the boggard can release its tongue as a free action. Unlike a giant frog, a boggard cannot pull targets toward it with its tongue.
- Swamp Stride (Ex): A boggard can move through any sort of natural difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a boggard normally.
- Terrifying Croak (Su): Once per hour, a boggard can, as a standard action, emit a loud and horrifying croak. Any non-boggard creature within 30 feet of the boggard must make a DC 20 Will save or become shaken for 1d4 rounds. Creatures that succeed at this save cannot be affected again by the same boggard’s croak for 24 hours. Creatures that are already shaken become frightened for 1d4 rounds instead. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.
- Sticky Limbs (Ex): The boggard produces a viscous film along the pads of its hands and thighs. The boggard gains a climb speed of 10 and a +4 bonus on CMB checks made to grapple.
- Oracle Spells: save DC 14 + spell level, Caster level 7th
- 0th: at will
- Known: Bleed, Detect Magic, Guidance, Ray of Decay, Sea Spray, Stabilize
- 1st level: 7/day
- Known: Cause Fear, Doom, Entropic Shield, Infernal Healing, Inflict Light Wounds, Inflict Pain
- 2nd level: 5/day
- Known: Apocalypse, Dust of Twilight, Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds
Curse of Black Blood (Su): All black-blooded oracles effectively share the same curse—the curse of black blood. The material affects these oracles physically and mentally, altering both physiology and mystic powers. The blood of a black-blooded oracle actually runs black, and wounds she suffers are infected by her own power and are difficult to heal. She is immune to the effects (both beneficial and destructive) of black blood. Positive and negative energy affect a black-blooded oracle as if she were undead—positive energy harms her, while negative energy heals her (this aspect of the curse has no effect if the oracle is undead). The curse also dulls the oracle’s coordination somewhat, imparting a –4 penalty on all Dexterity-based skill checks. At 5th level, she gains cold resistance 5. This increases to cold resistance 10 at 10th level, and immunity to cold at 15th level.
Brain Drain (Su): You can take a standard action to violently probe the mind of a single intelligent enemy within 100 feet. The target receives a Will save (DC 17) to negate the effect and immediately knows the source of this harmful mental prying. Those who fail this save are wracked with pain, taking 5d4 points of damage. After successfully attacking with this ability, you may use a full-round action to sort through the jumble of stolen thoughts and memories to make a single Knowledge check using the victim’s skill bonus. The randomly stolen thoughts remain in your mind for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier (4 rounds). Treat the knowledge gained as if you had used detect thoughts. This is a mind-affecting effect. You can use this ability once per day at 1st level, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and for every five levels beyond 5th.
Black Blood Spray (Su): As an immediate action whenever a black-blooded oracle takes piercing or slashing damage, she can cause some of her black blood to spray from the wound to strike any adjacent target. She must make a touch attack to hit the target (if she’s attacking the creature that caused the wound, she gains a 2 points of cold damage. She can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1/2 her oracle level (2/day).
Many Forms (Su): As a standard action, you can assume the form of a Small or Medium humanoid, as the alter self spell. At 7th level, you can assume the form of a Small or Medium animal, as beast shape I. At 11th level, you can assume the form of a Small or Medium magical beast, as beast shape III. At 15th level, you can assume a variety of forms, as greater polymorph. You can use this ability for 1 minute per day per oracle level. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-minute increments.
Encumberance: X lbs. (Light Load)
- Carrying Capacity:
- Light Load: 0-60 lbs.
- Medium Load: 61-120 lbs.
- Heavy Load: 121-180 lbs.
- Leather Armor
- 4 doses of Vision Juice