The World of Tel-Avi
Eliazar Faustus Mendel Simcha Javed Parvaiz Firdaus Tha'aar Za'oth Cho'suul
Talia's brother and a priest of Asmodeus. Currently spending time in Branderscar prison under charges of arson, kidnapping, heresy, and cannibalism.
Class (level): Priest of Asmodeus 3rd / Wizard (Infernal Binder) 3rd / Mystic Theurge 6
Favored Class: Priest
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Hit Points: (12d6+12) 56
Cash: 0gp, 0sp
Languages: Infernal, Gael, Perbashket, Frejsan, Saexe, Shadowtongue, Aklo, Mabrahoring, Celestial (Literate)
AC: 17 (3 Dex, 4 armor, 0 shield)
Defenses: DR 2/bludgeoning
Attack: +5 melee, +8 ranged
- BAB: +5
- CMB: +5
- Longsword: +7 melee
- Damage: 1d8-1 damage, 19-20/x2 Crit
- Longsword: +7 melee
- Fort: +7
- Ref: +7
- Will: +13
- Cold, Electricity, and Fire Resistance 5
- Land Speed: 30-ft.
- Initiative: +3
Skill Points: 55
- All Simple Weapons
- Light Armor
- Appraise (1 ranks): +8
- Bluff (1 rank): +6
- Craft [alchemy] (1 rank): +7
- Diplomacy (1 ranks): +9
- Intimidate (3 ranks): +12
- Knowledge [the planes] (12 ranks): +20
- Knowledge [arcana] (12 rank): +17
- Knowledge [religion] (12 rank): +17
- Knowledge [all others] (0 ranks): +2
- Linguistics (4 ranks): +7
- Perception (0 ranks): +4
- Sense Motive (1 ranks): +8
- Spellcraft (12 ranks): +16
- Use Magic Device (4 rank): +9
Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Fly (Dex), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spellcraft (Int).
When you cast divine fire spells, their heat empowers nearby allies.
Prerequisites: Ability to cast divine spells, caster level 5th.
Benefit: When you cast a divine spell with the [fire] descriptor, choose a single ally within 30 feet that you can see.
Unofficially Corrected Text: That ally heals a number of hit points equal to the level of the spell cast and gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls until the end of its next turn (see Editor’s Note at right.)
Benefit: You add additional dice to any form of healing you generate yourself (extraordinary abilities, spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities).
Caster Level Additional Healing Dice
Special: If you do not possess a caster level, use half your character level, rounded down to determine additional healing dice for supernatural or extraordinary abilities.
When channeling energy to harm an opponent, do not add additional dice. These apply only when healing.
Improved Caster Level
Prerequisite: Ability to cast spells.
Benefit: Your effective caster level in all spellcasting classes is increased by 4, but no higher than your character level.
Fire God’s Blessing
Prerequisite: Worshiper of a fire god
Benefit: When in combat, if you deal fire damage to an enemy, you heal 1 hit point. You can only benefit from this healing once per round. Attacks that cause a target to catch on fire heal you each round the target takes fire damage.
Spell Finesse (Charisma)
Benefit: Choose one of the following ability scores – Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma. All your spellcasting calculations are now based on this ability, including maximum level of spell you can cast, spell save DCs, and bonus spells per day. If you have spellcasting abilities from multiple sources, you can change all of them to this same attribute. Once this feat is taken and your new spellcasting attribute is selected, it cannot be changed.
Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Benefit: Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against spells from the school of magic you select.
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Perception and Sense Motive skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.
Scribe Scroll [Bonus]
Prerequisite: Caster level 1st.
Benefit: You can create a scroll of any spell that you know. Scribing a scroll takes 2 hours if its base price is 250 gp or less, otherwise scribing a scroll takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. To scribe a scroll, you must use up raw materials costing half of this base price.
See magic item creation rules for more information.
Weapon Focus (Longsword) [Bonus]
Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.
Arson [Crime Trait]
You have willfully started a fire that destroyed property. To be sent to Branderscar, you didn’t start just a minor little trash fire. Your act of arson threatened a major town, city, church or castle and likely cost someone their life. You’ll be punished for your crime by facing the fire yourself.
Punishment: Death by burning
Benefit: Whenever you score a critical hit with a fire attack or an opponent rolls a critical failure on a saving throw against a fire attack, you receive a +2 fire damage bonus to your damage roll. This bonus is a trait bonus.
Indomitable Faith [Faith Trait]
You were born in a region where your faith was not popular, yet you never abandoned it. Your constant struggle to maintain your own faith has bolstered your drive.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Will saves.
Fiendish Confidence [Religion Trait]
You expect to be obeyed, and are rarely proven wrong.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks, and Intimidate becomes a class skill for you.
Asmodeus is with you [Training Trait]
Benefits: Adrastus Thorn indoctrinates you into the deeper mysteries of worshipping the Prince of Hell. Whenever you channel energy, you gain a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of your channeled energy.
- Ability Adjustments: +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, –2 Intelligence. Savage and monstrous, the terrifying spawn of demons know the chaotic fury of their Abyssal ancestors.
- Senses: darkvision (60 feet.)
- Racial Skill Bonuses: +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Stealth checks.
- Demonic Hide: Damage Reduction 2/bludgeoning.
- Resistance(s): cold, electricity, and fire resistance 5.
- Fiendish Sorcery: Tiefling sorcerers with the Abyssal or Infernal bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities.
- Wizard Spells: save DC 16 + spell level, Caster level 12th
- Opposition Schools: Divination, Illusion
- Spell Penetration: +2 (5 vs. Outsiders)
- 0th: 4 + 1 C
- Spellbook: Acid Splash ©, Arcane Mark, Bleed, Conjurer’s Toolbelt ©, Create Ice ©, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic†, Detect Poison†, Disrupt Undead, Elemental Sample ©, Flare, Ghost Sound†, Guardian Mote ©, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Quill ©, Ray of Frost, Read Magic†, Resistance, Spark, Touch of Fatigue
- 1st level: 6 + 1 C
- Spellbook: Alarm, Brimstone ©, Burning Hands, Charm Person, Dancing Lantern, Expiditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Grease ©, Infernal Healing ©, Mage Armor ©, Magic Missile, Mount ©, Obscuring Mist ©, Poison Weapon ©, Reduce Person, Shield, Sleep, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Monster I ©
- 2nd level: 6 + 1 C
- Spellbook: Bull’s Strength, Burning Gaze, Communal Mount ©, Flaming Sphere, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility†, Protection from Arrows, Pyrotechnics, Scorching Ray, Web ©
- 3rd level: 4 + 1C
- Spellbook: Dispel Magic, Flaming Arrow, Fireball, Fly, Richter’s Burning Boulder
- 4th level: 3 + 1C
- Spellbook: Fire Shield, Ice Storm, Stoneskin, Wall of Fire
- 5th level: 2 + 1C
- Spellbook: Tacitus’ Burning Bonds
- Priest Spells: save DC 16 + spell level, Caster level 12th
- Spell Penetration: +3 (6 vs. Outsiders)
- 0th: 4/day
- 1st level: 6 + 2 Domain
- Domain Spells (Spontaneous): Burning Hands, Comprehend Languages, Magic Weapons
- 2nd level: 6 + 2 Domain
- Domain Spells (Spontaneous): Aid, Flaming Sphere, Memory Lapse
- 3rd level: 4 + 2 Domain
- Domain Spells (Spontaneous): Fireball, Vampiric Touch, Seek Thoughts
- 4th level: 3 + 2 Domain
- Domain Spells (Spontaneous): Divine Power, Divination, Wall of Fire
- 5th level: 2 + 2 Domain
- Domain Spells (Spontaneous): Flame Strike, Wall of Thorns, Telepathic Bind
Aura (Ex): Has a particularly powerful aura of Law and Evil (see the detect evil spell for details).
Channel Energy (Su): Regardless of alignment, any priest can release a wave of energy by channeling the power of his faith through his unholy symbol. This energy can be used to cause or heal damage, depending on the type of energy channeled and the creatures targeted.
An evil priest channels negative energy and can choose to deal damage to living creatures or heal undead creatures. Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the priest. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 2d8 points of damage. Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save (DC 17) to halve the damage. Creatures healed by channeled energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total – all excess healing is lost. A priest may Channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + his charisma modifier (9/day). This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A priest can choose whether or not to include himself in this effect. A priest must be able to present his holy symbol to use this ability.
Lore (Ex): Thanks to long hours of study, a priest has a wide range of stray knowledge. The priest adds half his class level (+1) to all Knowledge skill checks and may make all Knowledge skill checks untrained.
Orisons: Priests can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day. These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again.
Cantrips: Wizards can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table: Wizard under “Spells per Day.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again. A wizard can prepare a cantrip from an opposition school, but it uses up two of his available slots (see below).
Spontaneous Casting: A priest can channel stored spell energy into domain spells that the priest did not prepare ahead of time. The priest can “lose” any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any domain spell of the same spell level or lower.
- Granted Powers:
- Call Fire (Su): As a standard action, you can stretch out your hand toward any visible fire source within 60 feet and beckon it toward you. This causes a ribbon-thin streak of fire to approach you in a straight line through the air. Any creature directly in the fire ribbon’s path takes 1d4 points of fire damage; a successful Reflex save (DC 13) negates this damage. When the ribbon of fire reaches your hand, it either extinguishes or lights a flammable object of your choice that you’re holding. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (5/day).
- Fire Resistance (Ex): At 6th level, you gain resist fire 10. This resistance increases to 20 at 12th level. At 20th level, you gain immunity to fire.
- Domain Spells: 1st—burning hands, 2nd—flaming sphere, 3rd—fireball, 4th—wall of fire, 5th—flame strike, 6th—fire seeds, 7th—delayed blast fireball, 8th—incendiary cloud, 9th—elemental swarm (fire spell only).
- Granted Powers:
- Seize the Initiative (Su): Whenever you and your allies roll for initiative, you can grant one ally within 30 feet the ability to roll twice and take either result. This decision is made before results are revealed. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (5/day).
- Wounding Blade (Su): At 8th level, you can give a weapon that you touch the wounding special weapon quality for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your cleric level. You can use this ability once per day at 8th level, and an additional time per day for every four levels beyond 8th.
- Domain Spells: 1st—magic weapon, 2nd—aid, 3rd—vampiric touch, 4th—divine power, 5th—wall of thorns, 6th—blade barrier, 7th—mass inflict serious wounds, 8th—greater planar ally, 9th—power word kill.
- Granted Powers: You treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.
- Recall (Su): With a touch, you can cause a creature to recall some bit of forgotten lore or information. The creature can retry any Knowledge skill check it has made within the past minute, gaining a insight bonus on the check equal to your Wisdom modifier (+2). You can use this ability a number times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier (5/day).
- Read Minds (Su): At 8th level, you can broaden your mental spectrum to encompass those around you. Doing so allows you to read the mind of every creature within 30 feet as if you had cast detect thoughts. This ability allows you to read the surface thoughts of any creature that you are aware of after only 1 round of concentration. Creatures in this area are allowed a Will save (DC 13) to negate the effect. You can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
- Domain Spells: 1st—comprehend languages, 2nd—memory lapse, 3rd—seek thoughts, 4th—divination, 5th—telepathic bind, 6th—modify memory, 7th—legend lore, 8th—moment of prescience, 9th—foresight.
Summoner’s Charm (Su): Whenever you cast a conjuration (summoning) spell, increase the duration by a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your wizard level (+1 round). At 20th level, you can change the duration of all summon monster spells to permanent. You can have no more than one summon monster spell made permanent in this way at one time. If you designate another summon monster spell as permanent, the previous spell immediately ends.
Assume Control (Su): At 1st level, you can attempt to gain control over a summoned creature by disrupting the bond between it and the caster who summoned it. You must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) equal to 10 + the summoning caster’s level. If you know the summoned creature’s name, you receive a +2 circumstance bonus on the check. If the check is successful, you can control the summoned creature as if you had summoned it for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your wizard level (1 round). This does not increase the duration of the original summoning. The original summoning caster can attempt to regain control of the summoned creature as a standard action by making a caster level check against your caster level + 10. When your control ends, the creature reverts to the control of its summoner. At 9th level, you can use this ability to bargain with called creatures as if you were the caster who conjured them. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier (4/day).
Familiar (Ex): Quoth the Raven
- Infernal Bastard
- Blessing of Darkness
- Companion Cache
- Companion of the Spirit
- Flyby Attack
- Familiar Unseen
- Familiar Concentration
- Familiar Range Extension
Encumberance: X lbs. (Light Load)
- Carrying Capacity:
- Light Load: 0-60 lbs.
- Medium Load: 61-120 lbs.
- Heavy Load: 121-180 lbs.
- Courtier’s Outfit
- Masterwork Chain Shirt
- Masterwork Silver Longsword
- Silver Holy Symbol of Asmodeus
- Spell Component Pouch
- Branding Iron (with “F” symbol)
- Alchemists’ Lab (carefully packed in a trunk)
- Richter’s Tome of Arcane Armament: This beautiful book is made of fine cerulean leather embossed with gold leaf. Its edges are reinforced with brass fittings and strange arcane symbols adorn its covered. It bears the draconic rune of “R” in the center of its front cover.
- 2nd: Bull’s Strength, Flaming Sphere, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility
- 3rd: Richter’s Burning Boulder
- The Heart of All Flame: Bound in the crimson, scaled leather of some indeterminate reptilian beast, this large locked tome bears the title proudly in Common across the front cover. Inside is found not just spells but a lovingly written treatise on the beauty and purity of flame and how ice, when it grows cold enough, also burns.
- 2nd: Bull’s Strength, Burning Gaze, Flaming Sphere, Protection from Arrows, Pyrotechnics, Scorching Ray, Web
- 3rd: Dispel Magic, Flaming Arrow, Fireball, Fly
- 4th: Fire Shield, Ice Storm, Stoneskin, Wall of Fire
- 5th: Tacitus’ Burning Bonds