The World of Tel-Avi
Sister Carthix, formerly Sarah-Anne Donnagin of House Baden, is the younger sister of Father Althus Donnagin of Balentyne and joined her brother in dedicating her life to Mitra as a Sister of the Order of Saint Ashron the Destroyer.
Class (level): Gestalt Cleric/Armiger 9th
Alignment: Lawful Good
Next Level: 71,000
Age: 24 years
Hit Points: (9d12+9) = 83
Cash: 0gp, 0sp
Languages: Gael, Perbashket, Skaevrym, Celestial, Vaati, Irdun, Jotunalder, Auran, Jotunise, Krangi [Literate]
AC: 26 (2 Dex, 12 armor, 2 shield)
Damage Reduction: DR 2/-
Attack: +8 melee, +8 ranged
- BAB: +6
- CMB: +8
- Longsword: +9/4 melee
- Damage: 1d8+2 damage, 19-20/x2 Crit
- Heavy Repeating Crossbow: +11/6 ranged, 120-ft. range
- Damage: 1d10+1 damage, 19-20/x2 Crit
- +1d8 sonic damage on Crit
- Longsword: +9/4 melee
- Fort: +7
- Ref: +5 (Reflect)
- Will: +10
- Land Speed: 20-ft.
- Initiative: +2
Skill Points: 54
- All Simple Weapons
- All Martial Weapons
- Repeating Crossbow
- Light Armor
- Medium Armor
- Heavy Armor
- Tower Shields
Skills: -5 armor penalty
- Heal (6 ranks): +13
- Knowledge [the planes] (6 ranks): +11
- Knowledge [religion] (6 ranks): +11
- Spellcraft (6 ranks): +11
- Ride (6 ranks): +6
- Sense Motive (6 ranks): +13
- Perception (6 ranks): +13
- Diplomacy (6 ranks): +11
- Linguistics (6 ranks): +11
Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis).
Prerequisites: Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks, channel energy class feature.
Benefit: You may channel energy as a move action by spending 2 daily uses of that ability.
Prerequisite: Channel energy class feature.
Benefit: Add 2 to the DC of saving throws made to resist the effects of your channel energy ability.
Prerequisite: Cha 13, channel energy class feature.
Benefit: When you channel energy, you can choose a number of targets in the area up to your Charisma modifier (2 targets). These targets are not affected by your channeled energy.
Benefit: You add +2d6 to any form of healing you generate yourself (extraordinary abilities, spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities).
Prerequisite: Channel energy class feature.
Benefit: You can channel energy two additional times per day.
Alignment Channel (vs. Evil)
Prerequisites: Ability to channel energy.
Benefit: Instead of its normal effect, you can choose to have your ability to channel energy heal or harm outsiders of the chosen alignment subtype. You must make this choice each time you channel energy. If you choose to heal or harm creatures of the chosen alignment subtype, your channel energy has no effect on other creatures. The amount of damage healed or dealt and the DC to halve the damage is otherwise unchanged.
Childhood Crush [Campaign Trait]
Benefit: Once per day, when the Sir Richard is present you can attempt a DC 15 Charisma check, to gain +1 on all saving throws for the rest of the day. You gain +1 on attack rolls against foes threatening Sir Richard.
Kwanlai Believer [Regional Trait]
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on concentration checks made while casting divine spells.
Cleansing Light [Faith Trait]
Benefit: When channeling energy to harm undead, can reroll any 1’s on damage dice.
- Medium: X are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Favored Class (Armiger): Add 1 to CMD for every two times you select this option).
- Cleric Spells: save DC 14 + spell level, Caster level 9th
- Concentration: +15
- Spell Penetration: +9
- 0th (at will): 4/day
- 1st level: 5/day + 1 Domain
- 2nd level: 5/day + 1 Domain
- 3rd level: 4/day + 1 Domain
- 4th level: 3/day + 1 Domain
- 5th level: 1/day + 1 Domain
Spontaneous Casting (Ex): A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).
- Granted Powers: You see truth in the pure and burning light of the sun, and can call upon its blessing or wrath to work great deeds.
- Sun’s Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.
- Nimbus of Light (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot nimbus of light for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. This acts as a daylight spell. In addition, undead within this radius take an amount of damage equal to your cleric level each round that they remain inside the nimbus. Spells and spell-like abilities with the darkness descriptor are automatically dispelled if brought inside this nimbus. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
- Domain Spells: 1st—endure elements, 2nd—heat metal, 3rd—searing light, 4th—fire shield, 5th—flame strike, 6th—fire seeds, 7th—sunbeam, 8th—sunburst, 9th—prismatic sphere.
- Granted Powers: You are infused with the glory of the divine, and are a true foe of the undead. In addition, when you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, the save DC to halve the damage is increased by 2.
- Honor Bound (Su): With a touch, you can remind a creature of its duties and responsibilities, granting it a new saving throw against each enchantment (charm) or enchantment (compulsion) effect that currently affects it. If the saving throw is successful, the enchantment effect is ended. This power only affects effects that allow a save. If you fail a save against such an effect, you can use this ability as an immediate action to grant yourself an additional save. Once the target (either you or a touched creature) has made one additional save per effect, this ability has no further effect on that particular enchantment effect. You can use this 7 times per day.
- Divine Presence (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of divine presence for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. All allies within this aura are treated as if under the effects of a sanctuary spell (DC 18). These rounds do not need to be consecutive. Activating this ability is a standard action. If an ally leaves the area or makes an attack, the effect ends for that ally. If you make an attack, the effect ends for you and your allies.
- Domain Spells: 1st—shield of faith, 2nd—zone of truth, 3rd—searing light, 4th—holy smite, 5th—righteous might, 6th—gaes/quest, 7th—holy sword, 8th—holy aura, 9th—gate.
Channel Positive Energy (Su): Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 5d6 points of damage. Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save (DC 20) to halve the damage. Creatures healed by channel energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy 7 times per day equal. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect.
A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability.
- Harming: 7d6+9 (reroll 1s)
- Healing: 9d6
Bulwark (Ex): The armiger knows how to protect not just himself, but also how to help protect his allies. An armiger grants soft cover to any ally adjacent to him, even against attacks the armiger is not aware of and those that come from a direction that would not normally count the armiger as cover. The armiger does not count as cover for himself, though two armigers standing next to each other both do gain this benefit. An armiger must be conscious and able to take actions in order to grant this benefit. He cannot do so if suffering under effects such as being flat-footed, unconscious, dead, paralyzed, or stunned.
Crossbow Brace (Ex): This talent allows an armiger to brace a crossbow on an equipped shield. Even when the armiger is using a shield that prevents his hand from being free, that stability of his bracing allows him to use his shield-arm to hold, fire, and reload a crossbow with which he is proficient. It also gives the armiger a +2 bonus to attack rolls made with a crossbow with which he is proficient. He gains this bonus only while he has a shield equipped.
Uncanny Block (Ex): With uncanny block, an armiger can interpose a shield between himself and danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. When the armiger has a shield equipped, he cannot be caught flat-footed even if the attacker is invisible. He still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized or if a foe successfully makes a Bluff check to feint against him.
Armor Training (Ex): Armigers often learn to be more maneuverable while wearing armor. An armiger with this talent improves the armor check penalty (to a maximum of 0) and maximum Dexterity bonus to AC by +1 for any armor he is wearing. This talent may be taken more than once. Its effects stack.
Reflect (Ex): A 2nd level an armiger can maximize the protection his armor gives him to reduce the damage area attacks deal him. An armiger in heavy armor takes only half damage from any attack, spell, or ability that allows a Reflex saving throw. The armiger is still allowed a normal saving throw, he simply takes half of whatever damage he normally would based on the result of that saving throw. If the attack, spell, or ability has a non-damaging effect, the armiger suffers the appropriate effect based on his saving throw result.
Defensive Maximization (Ex): At 3rd level, an armiger learns to get more out of his armor, increasing the armor bonus to AC he receives from medium or heavy armor by +2.
Armored DR (Ex): At 4th level an armiger can use his armor to absorb some of the damage he suffers from physical attacks, and can prevent attacks from striking weak points in his armor. The armiger gains DR 2/— when wearing medium or heavy armor. This DR also applies to the hardness of the armiger’s armor or shield if either suffers a direct attack.
An armiger in medium or heavy adamantine armor adds the value of his armored DR to the value of the armored DR total. For example, a 10th-level armiger (with armored DR 3/—) wearing an adamantine breastplate (with DR 2/—) combines the two values and has DR 5/—.
Quick Strap (Ex): At 4th level, an armiger can don and remove his own armor more quickly and aid others to do the same. The armiger can strap on a shield as a swift action. The armiger can don or remove his own armor in 1/3 the normal time, and can don half-plate or full plate without having someone help. This time reduction also applies if the armiger opts to don hastily. Having an assistant does not help an armiger don armor any more quickly.
An armiger can also grant these time reductions for donning, hastily donning, and removing armor to up to two adjacent allies. The armiger must take full-round actions to assist these allies. Unlike most characters, an armiger can don his own armor at the same time he assists others in doing so.
Safeguard (Ex): At 6th level, an armiger’s defensive instincts become so great that he can intercept attacks aimed at his allies. 2/day, as an immediate action, the armiger can swap places with an adjacent ally who has been struck by an attack. The armiger can make this decision after seeing the damage dealt by the attack to his ally. This prevents the original target from suffering any damage or effect from the attack. The armiger instead becomes the target of the attack, and is automatically hit by it. This is true even if the original attack roll would not have hit the armiger—the act of intercepting the attack requires the armiger to lower his own defenses and leaves him vulnerable to the attack. The armiger does gain the benefit of his own saving throws, DR, and resistance against effects that allow such defenses. The armiger and the original target actually trade positions as a result of this power.
The armiger must be conscious and able to move, and cannot be flat footed, to use this ability. Only attacks and effects that require attack rolls can be intercepted with safeguard (an armiger can’t prevent an ally from being hit by magic missiles, for example). The armiger can use this ability on allies up to one size larger than himself, but it must be possible for the ally to stand in the space originally occupied by the armiger.
Encumberance: X lbs. (Light Load)
- Carrying Capacity:
- Light Load: 0-60 lbs.
- Medium Load: 61-120 lbs.
- Heavy Load: 121-180 lbs.
- Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield
- Masterwork Longsword
- Contact: profession, how you know them
While remaining true to her vows of celibacy, Sister Carthix has fallen hopelessly in love with Sir Richard. She does all she can to keep the paladin alive and in the fight, even at grave risk to her own safety. Sister Carthix is fearless in the face of evil and will stand by her friends to the bitter end.