The World of Tel-Avi
A young aristocratic woman, tortured, genitally mutilated, and imprisoned by the servants of Mitra after being caught in a torrid love-triangle.
Class (level): Courtesan 2nd / Witch 1st
Favored Class: Witch
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Next Level: 9000
Age: 21 years
- City Born
- City Wife (Captain)
Hit Points: (3d6-3) 10
Cash: 0gp, 0sp
Languages: Gael, Perbashket (illiterate)
AC: 13 (3 Dex, 0 shield)
Attack: +0 melee, +4 ranged
- BAB: +1
- CMB: +0
- Bite (kitsune form): +0 melee
- Damage: 1d4-1 damage, x2 Crit
- Bite (fox form): +0 melee
- Damage: 1d3-1 damage, x2 Crit
- Bite (kitsune form): +0 melee
- Fort: -1
- Ref: +7
- Will: +6
- Land Speed: 30-ft.
- Initiative: +3
Skill Points: 19
- All Simple Weapons
- Rapier, Shortbow, Whip
- Light Armor
- Acrobatics (0 ranks): +5
- Bluff (3 ranks): +9
- +6 vs. Males
- Diplomacy (3 ranks): +11
- +6 vs. Males
- Intimidate (2 ranks): +8
- Knowledge [local] (2 ranks): +7
- Perception (1 rank): +7
- Perform [dancing] (2 ranks): +8
- Sense Motive (1 rank): +9
- Sleight of Hand (2 ranks): +8
- Stealth (1 rank): +7
- Use Magic Device (2 ranks): +8
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Fly (Dex), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Prerequisite: Cha 13
Benefit: You gain +4 circumstance bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks with creatures who you are sexually compatible with. You also gain a +2 bonus to the DC of your charm spells.
Special: If you act with hostility toward or bluntly reject the advances of a creature you have used this feat with, their attitude toward you automatically declines by one step and you may not use seduction with them again until it has improved. Sexual compatibility is determined by apparent race and sex of the seducer with respect to the normal sexual preferences of the target.
Prerequisite: Ability to acquire a familiar.
Benefit: You gain a second familiar.
Special: A witch taking second familiar must keep track of which familiar knows which spells as each must be taught separately. A spell may be taught to more than one familiar, but each familiar does not automatically know the spells learned by the others.
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Perception and Sense Motive skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.
Fox Shape [Bonus]
Prerequisites: Cha 13, base attack bonus +3, kitsune.
Benefit: You can take the form of a fox whose appearance is static and cannot be changed each time you assume this form. Your bite attack’s damage is reduced to 1d3 points of damage on a hit, but you gain a +10 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to appear as a fox. Changing from kitsune to fox shape is a standard action. This ability otherwise functions as beast shape II, and your ability scores change accordingly.
Magical Knack [Magic Trait]
You were raised, either wholly or in part, by a magical creature, either after it found you abandoned in the woods or because your parents often left you in the care of a magical minion. This constant exposure to magic has made its mysteries easy for you to understand, even when you turn your mind to other devotions and tasks.
Benefit: Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn’t increase your caster level higher than your current Hit Dice.
Redheaded [Regional Trait]
In your land there is a saying that redheaded women are born with strange blood in their veins. Many are called witches and many do not survive. You not only survived, but learned the truth of your heritage. There is magic in your blood.
Benefit: You know one cantrip of your choice from the sorcerer-wizard spell list (create ice) and can use it at will as a spell-like ability. This ability is cast at your character level. The spell-like ability’s Save DC is Charisma-based.
Charming [Social Trait]
Blessed with good looks, you’ve come to depend on the fact that others find you attractive.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus when you use Bluff or Diplomacy on a character that is (or could be) sexually attracted to you, and a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters or creatures.
Sexual Perversion [Crime Trait]
Mitra teaches that sexual copulation is intended strictly for the creation of offspring. Interactions with other animals, with members of the same sex, with children, with the elderly, with relatives, with one’s self (masturbation), or in a manner not conducive to procreation (oral or anal) are considered horrible perversions of the natural order. Animals caught performing such acts are killed and ritual burned to purify the herds. Humans, who should know better than to defile themselves so, are imprisoned, castrated, and sent to work in the salt mines far away from the good, wholesome folk of Talingarde.
Punishment: Genital mutilation and life hard labor in the salt mines
Benefit: Choose a particular target (males) for your attraction. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy against creatures to which you would be attracted. You gain a +1 trait bonus on save DCs of charm or compulsion spells against the creatures to which you would be attracted.
- Ability Scores: Kitsune are agile and companionable, but tend to be physically weak. They have the following ability score adjustments: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength.
- Size: Kitsune are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Kitsune have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Senses: Kitsune have low-light vision (they can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.)
- Change Shape (Su): A kitsune can assume the appearance of a single human form of the same sex—this form is static, and cannot be changed each time the kitsune assumes this form. A kitsune in human form cannot make its bite attack, but gains a +10 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to appear human. Changing from human to kitsune shape is a standard action. This ability otherwise functions as alter self, save that the kitsune does not adjust its ability scores.
- Agile (Ex): Kitsune receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks.
- Kitsune Magic (Ex/Sp): Kitsune add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against enchantment spells that they cast. Kitsune with a Charisma score of 11 or higher can use dancing lights. 3/day as a spell-like ability.
- Natural Weapon (Ex): A kitsune has a bite attack in its natural form. This bite does a base of 1d4 points of damage on a hit. This is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the kitsune wields a manufactured weapon.
- Witch Spells: save DC 12 + spell level, Caster level 3rd
- Patron: Enchantment
- +3 save DCs for Charm spells vs. males
- +1 save DCs for Compulsion or Langauge-dependent spells vs. males
- 0th: 3/day (at will)
- 1st level: 2/day
Poison Use (Ex): At 2nd level, courtesans of evil alignment (and sometimes those of neutral alignment) are taught the types and delivery methods of various poisons. A courtesan skilled with poison never risks accidentally poisoning themselves when applying poison.
Skulk of Foxes [Hex] (Su): The witch receives Fox Shape as a bonus feat and her starting familiar must be a fox. When using Fox Shape to transform into a fox, you are joined by 1d3 additional foxes as though you had cast summon nature’s ally II.
- Special: Only Kitsune witches may take this hex.
Witch’s Familiar (Ex): 2 Fox Familiars (Franz and Zack). Int 6, AC 15, 5hp (each). Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells.
Encumberance: 0 lbs. (Light Load)
- Carrying Capacity:
- Light Load: 0-26 lbs.
- Medium Load: 27-53 lbs.
- Heavy Load: 54-80 lbs.
- Home: A Merchant’s House in Aldencross
- Fully furnished
- Tower Balentyne
- Captain Franz Mott: Talingarde Army Captain, Her husband (deceased)
- Captain Zacharias “Zack” Eddarly: Talingarde Army Captain, Her lover (deceased)
- Captain Samuel Barhold: Talingarde Army Captain, Husband’s co-worker and friend
- Tower Lorringsgate
- Agatha Applebaum: Minor local aristocrat, Her mother
- Rembrant Applebaum: Lord Commander of Lorringsgate Watchtower, Her father (aging)
- Aldencross (and elsewhere)
- Talia, Heather, and Lydia: A Witch Coven, Her (newly acquired) close friends and confidants
The gallant Captain Zack Eddarly has been a good friend and confidant of the lovely Kaitlyn Mott for many years, but their friendship only turned into an affair in the last few months. Captain Franz Mott is a gruff and dour military man with little interest in romance. He has focused himself on his career hoping for promotion when the aged Lord Commander of Lorringsgate watchtower, Kaitlyn’s father, retires. Commanding a Watch Wall tower almost guarantees Captain Mott a knighthood and permanent elevation into the aristocracy for both himself and his heirs. The flighty young Kaitlyn only sees that her husband (acquired in an arranged marriage) has stop paying attention to her and that the handsome Captain Zack is so often available instead.